VANCOUVER ACADEMY OF DANCE 2022-2023 POLICIES
- The school year is from September 11th, 2022 - June 3rd, 2023. Students are expected to commit to the program for the FULL duration of the program. Please see the Academy Calendar for holidays.
- Taxes are applicable on all fees.
- A non-refundable school registration fee of $95 (includes Yearbook and Year End Video) is required per registrant.
- All students are required to be a member of the VAD Dance Society, $10non-refundable Annual Membership Fee is due upon registration.
- A $45 Administration Fee is applicable on all withdrawals and class transfers initiated by the student.
- All competitive division students are required to purchase the latest VAD Team Jacket.
- Returned cheques are subject to a $45 handling charge.
- Additional costs such as costume fees, competition fees, exam fees, etc. are the responsibility of the student.
- The VAD faculty reserves the right to determine the appropriate level of study for each student.
- VAD reserves the right to cancel/combine classes should registration be insufficient.
- Students must have the Director’s permission to attend any dance classes, workshops or auditions outside of VAD.
- Students must dress in the appropriate attire for dance class. No jewellery.
- No food, drinks or gum permitted in the dance studios and changing room areas.
- Please turn off all electronic devices during class time.
- No littering, smoking, alcohol, or drugs permitted on school premises.
- Foul language, rude, disruptive behaviour will not be tolerated.
- The Vancouver Academy of Dance and its staff are not responsible for any injuries, damage or loss of property.
- VAD reserves the right to refuse admittance and services; and to dismiss any student/parents at the teacher’s/director’s discretion.
No refunds or credits will be issued after October 9th, 2022. Withdrawals made prior to October 9th, 2022, must be made in writing. Prorated tuition will be refunded/credited less a $45 Administration Fee and $95 non-refundable registration fee (includes Yearbook and Year End Video). No refunds will be issued after October 9th, 2022. There are no refunds for missed lessons (by student), costume fees, competition/performance fees, or examination fees. All fees are non-transferable.
Withdrawal Due to Medical Reasons
A prorated credit less a $45 administration fee will be issued if withdrawal request is accompanied by a physician’s note within 2 weeks of illness or injury.
COVID-19 Safety Measures
The health and safety of our community is our priority. Our safety measures are in constant review and will be revised in accordance with the latest BC Health Guidelines.
- Students and staff showing any symptoms of illness are not permitted to attend in-studio lessons.
- Frequent washing hands and physical distancing must be practiced by all members of the VAD community.
- Changing rooms and lobby will be off-limit during this period. Students are to arrive dressed for class with hair done and proceed directly to their assigned studio upon entrance. No loitering inside the building.
- Students are required to bring their own equipment and filled water bottles, VAD’s water distiller tap is not available during the pandemic.
- Parents are to drop off and pick-up outside VAD’s front/rear doors while practicing social distancing. VAD is NOT responsible for supervising students outside of their class time.
- To minimize traffic, entrance and exits will be from the rear door for studios 1 and 3 and from the front door for studios 2and 4.
- The wearing of masks is strongly recommended.
- In the event of further COVID-19 restrictions, all in-studio lessons will be delivered via Remote Learning.
- Remote Learning will be delivered via Zoom with a private link and password.
- Students are required to dress appropriately for dance class with hair up and appropriate footwear.
- Parents are to provide the child(ren) with a safe environment free of dangerous or hazard obstacles for where the activity will take place.
- Parental/carer attendance is required during screen time.
- Classes will finish 5 minutes prior for students to prepare for their following class and sanitization of studios.
- Recordings and taking of images of the virtual class are NOT permitted without prior permission from the school.
Wavier and Release
As a student participant and/or parent or legal guardian of the registrant minor, I voluntarily seek services provided by Vancouver Academy of Dance and acknowledge that I am increasing my risk of possible injury and illness. In consideration of the consent given, I hereby release Vancouver Academy of Dance Inc, all of their respective, related or affiliated companies and predecessors in interest thereto, and the officers, directors, agents and employees of each of them (collectively; “Releases”), of and from any liability whatsoever for and all claims,costs, injury, illness, causes of action, losses or damages of any kind (including, without limitations, claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages relating to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, damage to or destruction of property, whether due to the negligence or otherwise arising from or in connection with any classes, performances, activities and events; including without limitation, my travel to and from the destination(s). I understand that as a participant I may be photographed, filmed and/or otherwise recorded for publicity purposes, and that his/her name, voice, image and likeness may appear in any medium or media known or hereafter devised, an unlimited number of times, without any compensation for such use. I certify that I have read Section D in its entirety including all Policies, COVID-19 Safety Measures, Waiver and Release as well as the Student & Parent Handbook Policy Manual and agree to abide to all terms and conditions.